Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's Quitting Time.....

So this is a tough one for me.  I have been a smoker since I was about 18.  I will be turning 30 on April 14th of this year.  I can honestly say that I just came inside from having a smoke.  But I can also say that I hope that was my last.  As someone with an addictive personality quitting has been my nemesis for some time now.  As a human and especially as a type 1 diabetic I know the risks.  And there are many.  In my head all the warning bells and whistles were going off telling me I should quit.  Just stop.  But it's just not that easy.  Smoking became a part of my life.  It added structure to my day.  And it was addictive.

But enough is enough.  I think it's high time I quit.  I have been thinking about this for some time now.  but never put my thoughts into action.  Well the time for thinking is over.  It's time for action!  Both my mind and my body are telling me I'm ready.  That I can do this.  So for what I hope is the last time, I just butt out my last cigarette.  It's not gonna be easy.  I know for the next few days, weeks, maybe even months I may be the bitch from hell.  I apologize in advance.  I need to do this.  When I turn 30 in April I will be smoke free for 55 days.  At least this is my goal...

So fellow bloggers, cross your fingers for me!  This just may be the biggest challenge of my life.  But I'm ready to take it on.  And if I can do it then so can you.  Will keep you posted on my progress.  Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment